Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Don't like it......



Well, I bought myself this lovely bamboo crochet hook, because I keep hearing wonderful things about them. Nope. I don't like it. It sticks to the yarn, or whatever you call it. I had a hard time dragging the hook, or dragging the yarn along the hook, and it really slowed my crocheting down. I got this far before I had to toss that thing back in the bag I keep my hooks in, and grab an aluminum hook. Well, heck. That thing was what, eight, twelve bucks? Too much. It was definitely a splurge. I may try it again later, but I don't know. Do y'all use these hooks? What do you think of them?

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I've never tried them. Yikes! At that price, I probably won't for a while. ;-)

Heather - The Good Life said...

I've never tried the bamboo, but have tried some different wood ones. My aluminum Boye are my favorites. :-)

Crochet Dude(Rob) said...

i use bamboo hooks only for granny square but the ok there really cheap here cheaper then metal hooks.

Nikki said...

I tried a bamboo hook once several years ago, and I hated it, too. I haven't used it since.

I wonder where it is these days....