Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ta - Dah!

Look, it's a tree skirt! All done! Ta-dah! This is Katherine Eng's '7-Hour Tree Skirt', with a little Julie added in. This pattern is in the December, '08 edition of Crochet Today, or you can get it at e-patterns dot com. I'm thinking I've seen it somewhere else as well, but I can't remember where.

I made it in 'I Love This Yarn' red sparkle, and I made it bigger than the pattern. I put more rows between the shell rows to make it bigger. I also added the edge to it. To me, the edge in the pattern was a little anti-climactic, it lacked oomph. I wanted a bigger edge, kind of finishing with a flourish. I looked for patterns for an edge, but couldn't find what I had in mind, so I kind of made one up. It's just a shell like in the pattern, five double crochets in one space, then two double crochets in each of those five, then for the last row, it was a double crochet and a picot in each of those ten stitches. I think it turned out very pretty. I may use this edge again, you never know. I also didn't add a tie, and I didn't finish the inner edges. I frankly didn't see the need. I wrap a skirt around the base of the tree, so it doesn't need a lot, and the edges were pretty as they were, I thought. Anyway, it turned out just like I had it pictured in my head. Isn't it nice when that happens? It did, however, take more than seven hours to complete, but that's because I went bigger.



My son's cat, Kasumi, approves. So nice to know!
Y'all have a great day!


9 comments:

hooksandyarns said...

It's very pretty - great work. :)

Sheila said...

Really pretty--and the edging is just perfect.

- said...

Wow, it really is stunning and little pussycat loves it too!

Catlyn Berry (Cizz) said...

WOW! Julie this is truly beautiful! And I know exactly what you mean, I love when everything comes together just as you pictured it in your mind! Maybe you should be the one doing the patterns and sharing them with everyone, you are so talented!

Hugs'
Catlyn

Marie Anne said...

It's beautiful!

glor said...

How beautiful and festive. You did a great job.

Mindy said...

I love it! Gorgeous work!

Renee said...

What is it that we all need to change-up the patterns we want to make? LOLOLOL ;)

Merry Christmas,
Renee

Bed Bug Exterminator West Covina said...

Great read thanks for sharing this