Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dishcloths in the round

So I bought this book for less than five bucks! Seriously, how do you resist that? And right now, I have a couple of big projects going, well, three in fact. I know. Anyway, I thought I'd work up some little things, you know, instant gratification and all. So I sat down with this little book and started making some dishcloths. They're cute. Fun. They're a little ripple-y, now flat when you lay them down. Oh well. Does a dishcloth have to be flat? They're so sweet, though. I can see adjusting them to where they lay flat and making a tablecloth out of them, you know, making a bunch and putting them together. Particularly the flower. I'll make more of these when I need more instant gratification. I can make one up in a couple of hours. And they're fun, and simple, and you learn a new pattern or two. Cool book, huh?










3 comments:

Sarah.Crochet said...

they are so pretty to be dish cloths!

Great work :)

Chain Stitch Crochet said...

I like all of them...they're cute. Most of my crochet is usually small stuff for the gratification. I have to be super motivated to do something big....I get bored too easy. When I make my dolls I put them down for a while and pick them back up. My mood has a lot to do with it too. :o)

Designing Lady Jane said...

When you say dishcloths, I think dishrags, and these are too pretty for that. I'd rather use them for trivets or doilies, or if you adjust the pattern enough, placemats. In fact, I'm thinking how nice that daisy would look as placemats on a patio table setting.