Saturday, May 28, 2011

Floating Shelves

Look at this 'Floating Shelf'. Ha. Not so 'floating' anymore, is it. I thought the whole look of a floating shelf under that round mirror would be so nice, all 'merchandised' and everything. And to be true, it did look nice under the mirror. Trouble was, getting it to stay under the mirror. That's a wall we walk by a lot, and the slightest brush of a shoulder knocked it down. It was getting really beat up. In fact, there is now a small hole in the shelf, which is the reason that little crocheted hot pad is there. to hide that.

I tell you, I see people put up floating shelves on HGTV all the time, and at this point, I think they're nuts. The way these things go up, they're never really solid, even on a more solid wall than apartment drywall. But whatever, I guess they're not getting bumped by my teenage boys all the time.............

..........anyway, I stuck some brackets under the shelf, and now it looks better than I thought it would. I thought I would have to live with something that was not really what I wanted, but that I need. In fact, I think it looks good, and now I just need to grab a few more things, and put more thought into the merchandising.



The Granny Stripe Blanket is coming right along. Just need to add the last row of the blue and the border, which I have now chosen. It should be done this week, hopefully. Particularly since I have Tuesday and Wednesday off, and plan to spend it crocheting..........

If I could find a mouse pad, all would be right in my world. Seems those things are harder to find now, used to see them all the time..............

Have a great day, y'all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about those shelves. I think they move the camera and put hot glue under them or something to make them stick. I've never had any luck with them either.

Love the blanket. You did such a beautiful job with the colors. It is for a gift?

crazymotheringchick said...

Bev, after all the work that has gone into the blanket, nope, it's mine. I would make a smaller one for someone else, maybe with a bigger hook. This one is a queen size, made with a G hook. That's a lot of hooking! LOL