Friday, January 28, 2011

Beatrice Scarf

Well, here is my version of Robin Chachula's 'Beatrice Scarf' from Interweave Crochet Accessories. Ignore those fancy 'no wrinkle' sheets - yikes! I love the way this scarf turned out. The pattern called for a simple single crochet border along the two ending edges, but I picoted them, and I think it looks nicer, more dressy, like this. I am going to use this scarf to throw over simple tops, like tee-shirts, and dress them up. I think it will make a big difference. I bought three skeins of Vanna's Glamour to make this, and it only used one. So I have two left to make something else. Isn't that nice? This yarn is beautiful. It's $4.99 at Hobby Lobby if it's not on sale (and I don't remember if it was or not....) so the scarf cast me less than five bucks. You can't beat that at Wal-mart, certainly not anywhere else, for something so pretty. I'm loving this.

Y'all have a great day. Happy hooking!

7 comments:

Sarah.Crochet said...

beautiful!

Beverooni said...

Oh I love this -- what beautiful yarn and such a lovely scarf. You do such good work.

glor said...

Its so beautiful. It looks like it is shimmering. Your work is beautiful.

Debi Y. said...

Oh that came out very pretty. :)

Mindy said...

Very nice! I like the picot edging!

Designing Lady Jane said...

Very sweet. Tho I'm picturing it as a belt with a big buckle over a tunic, myself.

Clara said...

Just beautiful! Wow, what lovely work.