Saturday, January 1, 2011

Quick Christmas Afghan

Well, I was looking around at my house decorated for Christmas, and realized I somehow did not have a Christmas afghan. It's either in storage in Nashville, or lost in a move. Well, I couldn't have Christmas without an afghan, so I thought I'd throw one together real quick. Ack, that's one goal I did not meet. It was not done by Christmas. And look, it's so simple, and not very big either. Ah well, it'll be here next year, I guess. It's just a simple little stripe in sparkly Christmas colors from I Love This Yarn, edged out by the Christmas Sparkle, also ILTY. It did turn out very Christmassy, though, so I'm happy. I may even make up a Poinsettias In The Snow Pillow Cover, and just put it in the box of Christmas things when I pack them away, so it's ready next year. Where does the time go?

I also didn't make that black sparkly shawl I was gonna make for New Year's Eve. I'll still make it. I bet I'll use it, even if not on New Year's Eve.

Ha! So much for one quick project, huh?

Y'all have a great day! And Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Happy New Year! Can't wait to see the shawl! Your Christmas afghan turned out really pretty.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I love your Christmas afghan. It's absolutely breath-taking.

Designing Lady Jane said...

Your Christmas afghan looks very nice. And I am surprised that you don't have a dozen Christmas afghans. How frustrating to have lost it, maybe it will still be found in storage. But at least it gives you something to work on for next year. Happy New Year!