Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Adventures in 'hat'ting... LOL



Well, here's my version of the cover hat from Crochet Today, along with what it's supposed to look like. Kinda different, huh? I think the basic thing is, mine is not as big. I made it with an H hook, per directions, but I'm thinking maybe an I or J hook, and maybe a few more stitches in the rows............... I don't know, I have to think more about it. There just needs to be more in the crown part, make it bigger. Hmmmmmm.... Lemme think a while............


Any hints, y'all?


7 comments:

Pammy Sue said...

It looks like there is a band around the forehead part and then the crown part done separately?

I think I have that magazine around here somewhere...

Do you want the pattern if I can find it?

Pammy Sue said...

I think the front band part is crocheting through both loops, and the crown part is crocheted through back loops only. That's what it looks like to me.

Designing Lady Jane said...

It looks very nice, just more of a cloche than a beret. p.s, Jen wants to know if her beret got misdirected.... ;)

Hookin It With Mr. Lick Lick said...

I tried the scallops and had a HECK of a time with them. I frogged it.

crazymotheringchick said...

Thank you, Pammy Sue, but I have the magazine. The more I think of it, I'm gonna try adding more gores next time. I thought it called for six, but let me reread the pattern, maybe eight is what it needed.....

STC Technologies said...

Thanks for the nice share..Jen wants to know if her beret got misdirected...

STC Technologies said...

Thanks for the nice share..Jen wants to know if her beret got misdirected...