Saturday, August 27, 2011

I finished the red, white and blue Giant Granny Square. I love it. When I started this a million years ago, my table on my patio was more square than round, so I made a square. Then I got a little round table for the patio. Ah well. The Granny will get much use in the years to come, I'm sure. It looks cute there now, anyway.


I'm gonna make another big granny. Just have to decide what yarn, but I do think I'm gonna make it out of Red Heart. Red Heart is not so snuggly, but I like it for outside afghans that you use to sit on a lawn. And that's what I need, is a nice big blankie for sitting outside on. Just have to pick the colors. Now I'm working on my Christmas blanket for this year, a Round Ripple in Cranberry, Pine, and Linen. I think it's gonna be way pretty.


Y'all have a great day!




4 comments:

Erika said...

Thanks for stopping by my place.

Haha, didn't realize we are both working on a Giant Granny in the same colors. Who would have thought? It's kind of nice to see what a different color combination would look like. Nice job on it. I think you will get a lot of good use out of this one. Enjoy!

Bye for now.....

Doris Sturm said...

Oh, I like it ... very bold and of course very patriotic ;-)

Have a nice rest of the day and stay safe!

glor said...

So very pretty!! Just love the granny and ripples. The one you're making sounds just beautiful. Can't wait to see it.

Designing Lady Jane said...

Wow, that turned out very nice. Bright and bold, how fun.