Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Catherine Wheel


Well, I have actually been crocheting lately. LMHO I actually have enough to do a few posts at this point. Ha ha. This is Catherine's Wheel. I got it out of a book. I notice it in quite a few of the books I have. It makes a fairly heavy fabric, so I'm not sure it would make a really comfy blanket. I'm exploring a lot of different stitches, and trying to make different things with them, you know, to expand my knowledge. I'll get there. I'm not really sure if I like this pillow or not, though I may try it again later, in maybe three colors, and maybe some of the reds, gold, and browns that I love so much. This is a nice nubby pillow, I think David will really like it under his fingers next time he visits.


I'm still working on that granny stripe. Man, I don't think I've ever spent so long making one item. Of course, it'll sure be worth it, that thing is gonna be gorgeous. And, of course, when you get down to it, I have way too many WIP's..... I went through and finished a few things yesterday, maybe I can finish a few more directly......


Y'all have a wonderful day.

7 comments:

Nikki said...

I like that pillow! My daughter would love it since pink is her very favorite color. The pattern kind of messes with your mind, doesn't it?

And the granny stripe blanket will be worth it because it's beautiful!

Catherine said...

I think this pillow came out beautifully. I like the two colors.

Sarah.Crochet said...

I LOVE that pillow! I have used that pattern type for a Christmas themed dish cloth. Thanks for sharing!

glor said...

The pillow is beautiful. I really love that pattern.

Tink's Tinkerings said...

great pattern you do such wonderful work,love it here, tink

Mindy said...

That looks really great! What a nice stitch!

crazymotheringchick said...

Thank you all for your wonderful compliments, you make me feel so good.