Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Still working on that Granny Stripe

I don't think I have ever worked longer on the same project. Of course, this will be beautiful in the end, and I can't wait to have it finished. I finally got all those ends woven in, what a job. Now I'm working on the edge. It takes a while. The other night I crocheted for so long that by the time I was done, my hands were sore. Funny, my left pinkie was the most sore, I guess from holding it whichever way I hold it when I crochet.
The corner doesn't look as pretty right now as I would like it to. Hopefully that will resolve when I get a few more rows on it. I'm still trying to decide how I'm going to do the border, and mixing the colors up, deciding the order to put them, is always a challenge for me. Still, I can't wait for this to be finished. It is going to be beautiful.

6 comments:

Jacey said...

I love the colours you have used. I bet you were relieved once all those ends were done, I hate that bit. xx

glor said...

How beautiful! A masterpiece for sure.

Chain Stitch Crochet said...

No offense, because it is pretty, but I'm more partial to the one you're working on sitting in the chair! :o) I just love pinks, purples, & blues.

Mindy said...

I love it!!! Looks great.

crazymotheringchick said...

The one I am working on sitting in the chair is the one I am working on the edge for. Bad lighting, I guess, because the picture sitting in the chair is more true to the colors.

Designing Lady Jane said...

A lot of work, but is will be so worth it.