Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Honeybee Scarf

I am calling this my Honeybee Scarf. The name of the stitch is actually the Honeycomb Trellis. I like this stitch, it's fun, and it goes quickly (if you're not making it in black, that is...) and it creates a very pretty fabric, I think. I may make this again, in a gold or yellow or cream, to really carry that Honeycomb theme. I love this yarn, it's I Love This Cotton, and I think the color is black sparkle. It's got really cool little green shiny flecks in it. This picture seriously does not do it justice, it looks like a fly here, and in real life, the yarn is just so cool, the green really does sparkle in the black. I got a lesson here, making something in all black. I guess I didn't realize I've never done that before, but boy, black is hard on your eyes. The stitches are harder to work into, just because they're harder to see. That's a bummer, because I have more of this yarn, and because I have some wonderful black shimmery I Love This Yarn, that I want to make a shawl of, something for a New Year's Eve-type party. I love to sparkle for a nice party now and then. I look forward to owning the shawl made of the black sparkly stuff, but at this point, I don't look forward to making it. Ha! And when you think that it will be a shawl for a prospective New Year's Eve, it should be something in a kind of closed pattern, so that it will be somewhat warm, so it will, of course, take longer to make than this scarf did..... ah yes, sounds more inviting with every thought, huh? Ha. Ah well, I'll think about that later.................. Y'all have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Heather - The Good Life said...

Your scarf is very pretty. :-)

Anonymous said...

It's lovely! I try and crochet with black only when I can sit in the sunlight because otherwise it's just too hard to do. The same with navy blue it seems. I can't wait to see what you will make with the other yarn. I have used the ILTY in red with the silver fleck and it washes up really nice. Have fun!

Nikki said...

Your scarf is beautiful! I love the sparkles in it! I've never crocheted with black before, so I didn't realize how hard it is.

Designing Lady Jane said...

Your scarf looks very nice, and that open weave looks like it will go very quickly. A black shimmery scarve sounds nice in that yarn, and you could finish it off with some lovely glass beads if you're putting a tassel edge on it.