Thursday, March 3, 2011

Only in Texas

So I'm just about to sit down to dinner with my favorite dinner - fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, jalapeno poppers, green beans, biscuits... I didn't cook, I stopped at Church's on the way home and threw some green beans in the microwave.... Anyway, I'm about to sit down to eat, and there's a knock on the door. It's a couple selling tamales, homemade, they just made them today. Oh my gosh, I love homemade tamales, let me get my wallet. Now, do they do this anywhere but Texas? I mean, you constantly can find someone selling homemade tamales here. I love them. I grew up where tamales came in a red and white can, and man, those ain't tamales. Ha ha. I've lived lots of different places, and nowhere else have I ever come across the people making and selling homemade tamales. I love that about Texas. Guess what's for dinner tomorrow?

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I'm pretty jealous right now. That looks so delicious!

Doris Sturm said...

I love them too and in Southern California (Santa Ana and in Los Angeles on Olivera Street) they sell them home made plus there's tons of authentic Mexican Restaurants there and I must say, I miss that kind of food...now if I want them I have to make them myself. My ex-mother in law was Hopi Indian and she taught me how to make them. I also love Mole chicken and some other dishes she taught me how to make...I'm really addicted to authentic Mexican food ;-) Did you ever have sweet tamales for Christmas?

crazymotheringchick said...

Doris, I don't remember sweet tamales at all, but it sure sounds good.

Clara said...

Just sounds so great...and, they were selling at the door? Amazing!

crazymotheringchick said...

Clara, knocked at my door with a cooler full. Yum!