Thursday, June 2, 2011

Edge of the Edge



I am on the homestretch. I am working on the edge of the edge of the Granny Stripe Blanket. I am using Stitch number 119, 'Shells and Picots', from Jane Davis' Crochet, The Complete Guide. It's a pretty stitch, I like it. I think it goes nicely with the rest of the blanket, too.


I tell you, I have seriously never worked this long on an afghan. Most of the afghans I do really only take two or three weeks. Of course, I'm sure that has a lot to do with the fact that these days, I'll have several works in progress, whereas in the past, I only ever did one thing at a time. But I'll be so glad to have this done, not just because I've been working on it forever, but just because it is so beautiful.


Y'all have a great day!

9 comments:

Tracie said...

Hi! Thank you for the comment on my blanket. Yes, it is the Sunny Spread pattern, don't you just love it. It works so fast! Thank you also for the comment on my daughter. I liked the dress she has on and loved it once I saw the $5.00 price tag. :-) Hope your having a great week!

Michelle said...

Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by The Doublewide today! I can't wait to get to meet you online! Have a wonderful afternoon!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! I'd love to own this lovely thing.

Susan H. said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comment. Your granny stripe looks great. I wish I was on my home stretch already! I can't wait to see what you are up to next.
Susan :)

Designing Lady Jane said...

Wow, that's a lot fancier edging than I was thinking it would be. Very nice! That's definitely a 'keeper' blanket.

Chain Stitch Crochet said...

Love it! Isn't it nice to be done with a big project like that? It's weird though...it's a relief it's done but it's weird to not be working on it anymore because you've worked on it for so long. At least that's how I feel on big project ends. xoxo

Heather - The Good Life said...

I just gave you an award, pop on over and claim it if you like. :-)

Unknown said...

This is lovely. One of my favorite parts of doing blankets is the border. I really enjoy trying different ones.
Teresa

Mindy said...

I love this!! Very nice.