Friday, June 10, 2011

I like this pattern....




This is a cool design. I like it, and I will probably make it again. The reason it is such a close shot is because there are so many ends! You change out yarn in every row, and now I think about it, I should have just carried the ends up the sides, but I cut them off, and now I have to weave them in. Or something. The biggest challenge to me in making a pillow is doing the first row around the edge of it, making it not too tight, but not too loose.

Ack, I made this with Caron's Simply Soft. The jury is out on this yarn so far. It creates a luscious fabric, I think, so soft and cuddly. But working with it is a bear! It is so splitty, and I undo so many stitches, the work goes much more slowly than with either Red Heart or I Love This Yarn. But the colors are beautiful. I really think Caron's SS colors are more vivid than most other yarns. Push come to shove, I will probably continue to use this yarn, hate working with it, and love the finished product..............

The pattern, by the way, is the Interlocking Block Stitch, page 16o from Erika Knight's Basic Crochet Stitches. I love this book!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty pattern. I agree with you about the Caron SS yarn -- very splitting. But it is soft and makes a nice fabric if you can put up with it.

I enjoy your blog and check it out every day. Thanks for blogging.

Debbie

crazymotheringchick said...

Thank you, Debbie. So nice of you!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100% on Simply Soft. The splitiness drives me NUTS. What a lovely project you have nearly completed (probably completed it by now). I'm wondering about your comment on my blog. What new background? The crochet has been there for a couple of months now. Do you see something different than the blue and white crochet?

crazymotheringchick said...

Hmmmm.... it looked new to me... is there a possibility it wasn't showing up right on my end? Then again, I can be observant like that...

Dawn said...

Love this stitch pattern!