Sunday, September 4, 2011

Just piddling.........

I crocheted pretty much all day yesterday, and did not work on a single WIP, how terrible is that. Ha ha.

I was looking through Robin Chachula's Baby Blueprint Crochet, and noticed the stitch pattern above. It's a very simple stitch, just a single crochet, chain two, single crochet pattern, but it works up so cute! And it's very stretchy, even in cotton yarn, that really has not a lot of give normally. I made this panel of it, fell in love, and made another to match. Think eventually I'll work those up into a little clutch. Then I made a little dishcloth out of it. I made half of it, then finished off, turned it around, and made the other half. I like it, and there's no need for a border, because it creates a nice edge. I'm trying to decide if the center stands out too much..........

After I made that, I made a red washcloth, using that Sedge stitch. I like that a lot, just the single and double crochet in the same stitch repeat. It makes such a nice texture. I finished that off with a row of white, then a row of gold in that nice stitch that I just discovered, the single crochet, chain two, single crochet repeat. I like how it turned out, too. I'm thinking this would be a pretty placemat for Christmas. I'm thinking about Christmas projects a lot these days, time to get them going so they're done in time, you know.


Y'all have a great day.




1 comment:

Mindy said...

Well, even if you didn't do any WIP, you still got some things done! Good work! =D