Thursday, August 5, 2010

I love the internet!




Just a few years ago, it was much harder to learn more about crochet, especially if you lived in a small, rural area. There were books and magazines, but your local Walmart didn't carry them, and really, the yarn selection at said Walmart was kind of wanting as well.

*

Now, we have it all at our fingertips. Just put anything into Google. Yarn, crochet, supplies, whatever, it's all there. Not to mention the vast amounts of bloggers like you and me, who are eager to share what they know, and show pictures of what they're making. As I've posted before, boy, I love my online magazine subscriptions to Crochet and Crochet World, so much information right there on my hard drive. There is just so much information you can get just by opening up this little laptop.

*

As recently as a year ago, most of my crocheting was one ripple afghan after another. LOL I might add in a hat, or a crocheted bag even, or something I saw in a tear-off pattern at you know, that local Walmart. I even remember making mittens when I was much younger. Ha. Last April or so, I decided I was going to expand on my crochet knowledge, and boy, have I! It is just so darned easy! Every day I blog-hop, and see what y'all are making, and of course, I sure have discovered a world of crochet books. It is so much fun.

*

A year ago, I enjoyed crocheting. Now, I am so hooked on hooking! And it's mostly thanks to the internet.....

*

Let me say to y'all, my fellow bloggers, THANK YOU!!! I learn so much from all of you, and so enjoy looking at your work, and reading what you have to say. Keep up the good work, y'all, you really make my day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree 100%. The Internet is amazing, isn't it?

Sandy said...

It is a world of difference now to crochet. I first started in the 1980s - everything was off line. I took a class (was OK but not great). Mostly I learned from one book I bought. It was expensive to buy books and magazines back then. I started again in the early 1990s off line again but with work I stopped. Finally I retired in 2008 I started crocheting again and was amazed and shocked at the wealth of information on the internet. It is wonderful to find all these fantastic crocheters willing to share their expertise. And the tutorials on YouTube are so helpful and better than taking a class. When I started blogging last year I thought my topics would be my home and decorating for the holidays - never did I think I would blog about my crocheting. But now that I look back I have posted about crocheting more than any other topic. Me...a beginner. LOL! When I started crocheting this last time I told my hubby I would only crochet little projects and he said "Like dishcloths". And I said yes. And now here I have been inspired by other crocheters to do throws! And all because of the internet!!!!

crazymotheringchick said...

Yes, I thought my blog would be mostly about my life, my kids, stuff like that. I thought it would be about the same kind of things I used to blog about on myspace. Now, I think all I blog about is crochet! Maybe an odd blog now and then, but mostly, it's crochet. I just love it that much! LOL

Designing Lady Jane said...

I agree. The Internet is like that magic bag in the fairytale, where all you have to do is put in your hand and pull out whatever you need. I've become very spoiled by it.

Unknown said...

What did we ever do without it ? I am a hooker too !