Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I've decided....


......that I am going to make this afghan - or blanket. It's called 'Rose In Bloom', and it's in the little booklet called 'Great Afghans & Throws' from Red Heart. I'm going to make it big enough for my bed, won't that be nice! Years ago, my aunt had a blanket like this on her bed, and I loved it. She made hers, it was truly beautiful. So I've decided I'm going to make me one. I'm going to make my roses pink, I think. At this point, I think I'm going to use 'I Love This Yarn' because it is so soft and cuddly. I have used so much Red Heart over the years, and it's good yarn, but it's not so snuggly against your skin. I made one of the blocks one night, thinking I might make the blanket out of Red Heart yarn, but no. Also, I don't really think red is what I want in my room. But the block is very doable, I think it took me about an hour to do this one. I'm sure this blanket will take me a nice long time to finish, with my love of doing several projects at once, but that's okay, when it's done, it's done, I think, and no hurry.



I've made so many purses lately, hoping to get a booth in a craft fair coming up, and today it occurred to me that for as long as I've wanted a nice gray purse, I should make myself one. Ha! I think I'm going to make it along the lines of this one - not exactly, but kind of like it. I will use Red Heart yarn for this, I like Red Heart for purses. I'm making it with Gray Heather yarn. Let's see how it turns out.



I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Designing Lady Jane said...

Julie, I LOVE that rose in bloom afghan. I think maybe I saw the pattern for it in a booklet at Walmart, sound familiar? But I adore the colors, it definitely lends itself to a romantic shabby chic look. Have fun finishing it, I'm sure it will be gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love both projects. The Rose in Bloom afghan is going to be beautiful.

crazymotheringchick said...

Jane, you may have seen that booklet at Walmart, it's a Red Heart thing, and Walmart carries more Red Heart than anything else, I think. I got the book at Michael's, on one of my yarn outings, you know. LOL