Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Irons in the Fire!


So I was looking facebook today, and I follow Crochet World. (of course, I'm sure that's no surprise. Crochet peeps are my peeps! LMHO) The post this morning said 'This week's Ask the Editor question: Do you recommend working on more than one project at a time? Michele's answer: Hahahahahaha! I don’t think I’ve ever in my life worked on just one project at a time! My observation of creative people is that they are always working on several things at once. So, if I were to preach what I practice, everyone would work on at least 3 things at any given time.' Man, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! (Not that it REALLY mattered, I march to my own little drummer, and dance to the song the voices in my head sing, but that's another post.....) I have so many projects going! The tree skirt is almost done, and as soon as I have a few more bucks, I'm gonna get the red sparkle yarn and gold beads to make mine. The turquoise pillow is done, and my son loved it. The Afghan Squared is done, just need to weave in the last three or four ends. My sister's pillow is coming along, I have made a couple more purses for that craft show, started another pillow for myself in varied shades of pink, and saw and fell in love with the round ripple afghan someone else was making and decided it was a great project for all the leftover balls of yarn rolling around here! Ha! Is that all of them, who knows! But they all get done eventually, I usually finish a couple things every week, so it's all good. And every time I sit down to crochet, I work on whatever I want, so there's no repetitiveness or boredom with one project. I have what, five projects I am actively working on, and about half of them have been started in the last week, after finishing about half of what I was working on last week. Ha! Really, it's pretty typical of me........
*
How many projects do y'all work on at a time?
*
On a happy note, the shop where my car is being worked on called this morning. They fixed my car for a measly $400, instead of the $1200 originally estimated. Bless God! They said as old and rickety as Gracie is, she probably doesn't need a new rack & pinion, just keep her full up and she should be okay. I'm grateful. I think I can handle $400.
*
I alway so tempted to say.... happy hooking, y'all! Today, I think I will. LMHO
I went ahead an added the button (I hope) to this post, since that first picture is of my round ripple afghan, which is a Work In Progress.

7 comments:

Designing Lady Jane said...

Sigh - I maybe should feel guilty here. I think I'm a pretty creative person, but so much of my creative energy goes into my full-time job as a graphic designer. By the time I finish thinking pretty thoughts there, I often don't want to do anything more creative than flip thru other peoples inspirational blogs and maybe play a game of Scrabble with my hubby. 'Least that's my story.

I am hooking a rug currently - at the rate of about 2 rows a weekend. No reason to hurry, I have no big shortage of rugs, and it gives me something to do when I'm bored with reading but don't have the motivation to do something that involves actual physical labor. But hey, I'm hooking too - just using a different needle.

Marie Anne said...

I've usually got more than one going on, and when the weather starts cooling off, there's no telling how many will get started.

I did weave ends on a piece yesterday that had been sitting for two years. Yea me!

I'd love for you to join me on WIP Wednesday. It's fun if people join in and good exposure for all.

Marie Anne said...

P.S. I didn't see a 'follow' button, but I've added you to my blogroll and look forward to seeing more of your projects.

crazymotheringchick said...

WIP Weekend? I guess that's Work In Progress? Sounds fun.

That happens to me with the follow button a lot, I just add to my roll. I kind of assumed that meant following, what do I know... LOL

Jane, I didn't know you were hooking a rug, what's it like?

Marie Anne said...

Yes, I use mostly Red Heart, mainly because of the cost. I find it softens up real nicely once washed.

Marie Anne said...

The sunflower patterns might help, but honestly, I can't find colors I like that look like a real sunflower, so I've pretty much scrapped that project idea.

Marie Anne said...

You're fine on the WIP thing. All you need to do is stick that code somewhere in your Wednesday post so that anyone looking at your WIP post can come back and see the others on my blog, and keep the train going.

I keep it open all week until the next WIP post is done, so you can still add it to your blog post if you want. No big deal if you don't, but yep, watch for next Wed!

(I may need to start another project before then, LOL).