Tuesday, August 17, 2010

WIP Wednesday - Thoughts of Snow.....

Well, it's that time again! WIP Wednesday.



It's so flippin' hot outside, it's time to think 'snow'. Plus, I've always been one to get all excited about Christmas way early, and start preparing. If I were working, I would be Christmas shopping already, buying not only gifts, but also decorations, and a Christmas ornament here and there even. I love Christmas. I also love snowmen. There was a time when I had a nice little collection of five or six really cute ones. They've been lost in several moves. I had them when I was married, and well, I don't have a lot left from back then. So I'm making some this year. Aren't these guys cute? I can't wait 'til they're done! They're Christmas Characters, Part 2, from Crochet! magazine, November '07. The pattern calls them Mr. Snow, Mrs. Snow, and Lil Snow. They're designed by Shelia Leslie.

So far, my Mr. Snow looks like this. Ha ha ha! I have to go get fiberfill for him before I can sew on the bottom, which is ready. I am working on the arms. Of course, you know little David is fascinated with him, too, and keeps looking at him when I'm not looking. So I'll go in there where he sits, and his poor head will be squooshed, and already he has some little Dorito dustings on him. Thank God for Tide to go pens, is all I've got to say. But he has worked up very quickly so far, I'm sure he's gonna be cute, and very festive.
*
Ladies, this is the extent of my love of snow. I love little stuffed snow people. I'm not a snow person, don't really care for it at all, except in Currier and Ives pictures. Yep, looks really pretty in photos. But you know, if it were the temperature I like, that stuff would be rain. So all my snowmen are stuffed, and strategically placed around my house at holiday time.



I'm also still working on the Round Ripple. More colors, look how it's coming along. Just a little orange makes it look much different than it did last week. David is excited for me to finish this, he laid on the floor watching TV under it earlier this week. I think he thinks it's done. It's not. LOL Still working on it.
Y'all have a great day! I've got to go get my kids signed up for school tomorrow, which is one reason why I went ahead and posted this tonight.

8 comments:

Typstatting said...

Your Snowmen are so cute!!!!

Designing Lady Jane said...

Those snowmen are so cute, I'm sure yours will turn out adorable. Shirley has a few crocheted snowmen she puts out at Christmas, I think she got them from a sister a few years back.

That snowman body reminds me of a few years back when the girls were younger, we made snowmen out of tube socks. Sounds cheesy, but it actually works out pretty good, men's tube socks stuffed and tied into sections with ribbons and finished off with pompom balls and felt. It was a fun craft for little girls (and big moms).

Anonymous said...

Darling snowmen but please don't encourage winter to get here any faster. I'm SO not ready for cold weather and REAL snowmen. And, I do love your blanket. You inspired me to start a round ripple of my own the other day. It's not nearly as colorful as yours but I'm thinking maybe the next one will get some "imagination" in it.

crazymotheringchick said...

I like the idea of snowmen made of socks...

Marie Anne said...

I love the little snowman family! I'm sure Mr Snowman will look just fine once you get him stuffed up good.

Oh yes, the orange in the blanket makes a big difference. I love seeing how even a granny square changes completely with each round.

Thanks for playing along on WIP Wednesday!

Aussie Maria said...

I love the Snowman family - I have one little Frosty that I knit way back when, I really should have made Mrs Frosty too
The orange and the yellow are certainly making the blanket much more alive, more smiley

Unknown said...

Hi there! Just found your blog today. Really enjoy it. Thanks for posting!

Marsha Cooper said...

checking in to see what I missed with last week's WIP....love the colors of your ripples