Monday, September 20, 2010

Be nice!




Lately, at work, we cashiers are being encouraged to ask our customers if they would like to apply for a store credit card. That's fine, I'll do it. What gets me is the manager at the front line informed us 'Whoever gets the most apps gets to throw a pie in my face.' What? Why in the world would I want to throw a pie in someone's face? I know, I'm a fuddy duddy that way, but seriously. I don't get the whole pie-in-the-face thing. I just don't understand the appeal. I like to have fun as much as the next guy, in fact, I think I'm a really fun chick! I go out and do stuff, and have a lot of fun! I like to think that when my kids are older, they will say, 'Mom knew how to have fun when we were growing up.' I hope they add 'and she hasn't slowed down yet!' LOL


Thing is, I just wish more people were nice. I truly think nice is underrated. I try to be nice. Seriously. I think if we were all nice to others, the world would truly be a better place. Now, don't get me wrong, there are times when I'm not so nice. Nobody's perfect, and man, you know I'm not. But I just think that if we try to be nice, and if we are nice, others are nicer to us. Smile and the world smiles back kind of thing, you know? Do unto others, and you catch more flies with honey, all that. I think there is no greater compliment anyone could give me than that I am a 'nice lady'. Please God, help me be a nice lady.



So I don't get the pie in the face thing. Or the shave the guy bald thing. I mean seriously, why is that fun. I mean, reward me with chocolate, I'm happy. Tell me you'll give me a bag of Hershey Kisses. That'll do it. I know, I can buy my own Hershey Kisses any time I want to, but they taste so much better when they're a gift, don't they? LOL


Y'all have a nice day.



3 comments:

- said...

Ha! Ha! I've been called "nice" and get told I smile a lot my entire life so I totally get what you are saying. If you win, let someone else do the honors and then you are being nice!

Designing Lady Jane said...

I agree Julie, I don't understand why people would want to do something unpleasant to anyone, such as the dunk tank, or putting a pie to their face. Besides seeming mean, its a waste of a good pie, did no one want dessert?

I understand that clerks are required to push the credit application, but as a customer, I find it very annoying. Today I was at Sears waiting in line with a lot of itmes in my hands, and the single cashier working got a taker, so I had to wait several extra minutes as he's filling out the paperwork and she's running it through. (Just a minute to fill out, my eye!) Thankfully a passing manager stopped by and rang me up, because I was getting aggravated.

crazymotheringchick said...

Well, you know, you do what the boss says to do. Me, I don't like it either, because I think companies are too quick to push their credit card, and people already have too much debt. And with the recession, it's crazy.