Wednesday, September 8, 2010

WIP Wednesday and the cutest little purse....


It's Work In Progress Wednesday, and I have so many! LOL I'll share a few.....

I am still working on the Sunny Spread by Ellen Gormley. I just love her stuff. The blocks are adding up, and I am about a quarter of the way there. This will be my first afghan made of squares. Can't wait to finish it, and yet, I work on so many different things at once..... silly me.....

I was at Walmart the other day, like every other day, and saw a young lady carrying the sweetest little crocheted purse. It was a square like this, with little embroidered flowers on it, and a braided handle. I thought I needed to make something like that. Hers had little blue flowers, done differently, but here is my take on it. I like the bright pink (Old Rose by ILTY) and I added the greenery. I think it looks romantic. I just have to add the handle. I really wanted to make this in a light blue, but when I got home, I didn't have the yarn I pictured, and couldn't wait to get started. So I made it in Aran. The young lady's purse was just about this color. I can picture this or something like it in the blue, or yellow, pink, heck, any pastels, with flowers embroidered, or crocheted and sewn on........... the possibilities are endless, really.


And underneath it all, the Granny Stripes. Oh, I do love this. I totally identify with Lucy at Attic24, from whom I got this pattern. Every row, every cluster, it is more and more beautiful, and I am more and more in love with this. The colors, though at first I thought they were not right, are perfect. This flies along, simply because I cannot put it down. Yummmmm...... so wonderful. This is, in fact, not an afghan but a blanket. It covers my queen-sized bed with generous drape, and will have more when the edge is added. I am going to snuggle up under this on every cold night and feel warm and toasty. And the feel of it, soft and nubby.... can you tell this is my favorite thing I have ever made? It is. Seriously.
*
I am linking up with Marie Anne at Everyday Crochet,
as well as Creative Crochet

for Work In Progress Wednesday.

5 comments:

Marie Anne said...

What a cute little purse! I've seen purse patterns I like and could probably work them up ok, but then I worry about lining them. I'm no good with sewing, so whatever I made would have to be ok with being lined.

Love the granny stripes too.

Thanks for jumping on the WIP Wednesday train (although you didn't do the link right on my page. All I get when I click is a photo, and I followed you here by your comment. Do you want to try linking it again?)

- said...

Oh my! So many projects on the go....I love it! Something is in the air cause everyone is just a hookin like crazy it seems. Everything you've done here is so nice.

Melissa said...

Awww! The purse is so cute. I am in love with your granny stripe. I want to make another one with more fun colors later. Right now I am just trying to use up some of this yarn I have on hand.. :)

Designing Lady Jane said...

I just love that cute little purse. The embroidery really sets it off. And the colors on that afghan are just that - yummy!

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

Thank you for all of your comments on my blog - Re the scarf e mail me on fullbodiedwoman 'at' yahoo dot com. I have written it out in full to avoid spammers.