Tuesday, September 21, 2010

WIP - Spa day, anyone?

I am still working on my Granny Stripes Blanket, and loving it. But I also am making washcloths from Peaches and Creme yarn. I like washing with these washcloths, and so does David. Working with the Peaches and Creme is new to me, it doesn't have as much give as most yarns I use, but I don't mind that. I love the finished project. I have lately downloaded a bunch of washcloth patterns, and one I got over at Lion Brand's site is this lovely spa set, isn't it nice? It's actually five patterns, four washcloths and one bath mitt. There's also a knitted throw, but I don't knit, so I didn't download that. I think this little spa set will make a cute little Christmas gift with some nice soaps and powders or something like that, so I'm thinking I'll make up a few of them. Of course, I had better make one for myself first, right, to test? Ha, of course I should.



I started with the Almond Double Crochet Bath Mitt. There are four washcloths to go with it, the Cypress Double Crochet Washcloth, which I also made, it's under the mitt, the Bark Sedge Stitch Washcloth, the Almond Back Loop Stitch Washcloth, and the Vanilla Grit Stitch Washcloth. The bath mitt is very easy to do, and took right at one little $1.47 skein of yarn, so it's cheap, too! The washcloth was just rows of double crochet, so easy, and less than a skein of yarn. Sorry about the quality of the picture, ack, I thought it was better than that. I do think a softer, more neutral color would make this set look nicer, but I like the bright colors for myself.


Of course, you have to register at the site to get the patterns, but the registration and the patterns are free. They have so many patterns there, too, at just about every skill level as well. I love the Lion Brand site.



And, of course, my wonderful Granny Stripe. Oh, I just love this, and look forward to finishing it. I am having to buy more yarn, being this is a blanket, rather than an afghan, but that's okay. It's gorgeous on my bed, and I am making my room be all different colors, just to match this blanket. I love this thing that much. There are now 52 rows of color, or 104 rows of crochet. My best guess is that it is half-finished.




I am linking up with Marie Anne at Every Day Crochet for Work In Progress Wednesday.

Y'all have a great day!

7 comments:

- said...

I really like the wash cloths and spa items and agree they make a lovely gift.

Designing Lady Jane said...

Boy you are still kicking out that crochet work, aren't you? Enjoy!

crazymotheringchick said...

Jane, I tell you, I am loving the crochet more than I ever have. I have learned a lot of new things lately.

Marie Anne said...

Love the bath set! I haven't attempted a mitt, but I wrote up a dishcloth pattern that works well for washcloth too (I LOVE mine), and a matching back scrubber.

Thanks for riding the WIP Wednesday train!

Melissa said...

I love the Lion Brand Site. The bath set is great. I do like the bright colors. Your granny stripe is looking beautiful. :)

Molly said...

I love the bright colors also, I have made a few cloths but I need to make more just to put back for gifts. You have given me the push that I needed, I think I will start one today. Thanks for posting this info, you are just a great inspiration for everybody. Your Granny Stripe blanket is really turning out well, I love all the colors. Take care and have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Whew! Your Granny Stripe is gorgeous. I love your first picture of cloths and mit. Especially the one hanging on the back of the chair. Beautiful colors, texture, and pattern.