Thursday, September 23, 2010

More Washcloths


Look at this washcloth. Oh my goodness, can I tell you? The picture does not do it justice, it is the most wonderful washcloth. This is the Grit Stitch Washcloth, done in gold. It is firstly, beautiful. I just love the stitch. It is nice and full in your hand, too, really nubby. David is gonna love this one, if I let him touch it. Ha! I highly recommend this pattern. It's so simple, just skip a stitch, one single crochet, one double crochet in the next stitch. That repeats through the whole thing. It works up quickly, I think I made this in an hour or two, and it's just so cute! This is about a nine inch washcloth, I'm thinking it would be cute as a scarf as well, and would it be warm! I may make one. Or two, you never know. The Sugar and Creme gold yarn is really pretty done up this way as well.



Now here is the back loop stitch washcloth. It's nice. Much simpler, and goodness. This picture was taken on a wooden rocker on my back patio, and the yarn is a much deeper color than it looks in this picture. It's positively pink here, when in real life, it's a dark rose, almost maroon, but not quite. Anyway, while I like this washcloth, it's not as fancy as some of the others. It would be a great beginner project, just rows of half double crochet in the back loop. I would teach someone to crochet with this.

These washcloths are about nine inches square, which is a good size, but let's see what happens in the wash. LOL Next, I am working on the Sedge Stitch Washcloth, it's looking really good, too. I love things that come out with a lot of texture, and it has that.

I think the gold would make a nice gift set. That washcloth up there looks really pretty in it. I might match up some more bath things in a little basket with some more washcloths and a mitt in the gold for a Christmas gift. Wouldn't that be nice?

Oh, y'all......... I just got a phone call. It was a lady, a Director of Nursing at a nursing home close by here, and she offerred me a midnight position. I am in hog heaven, I'm just so happy! This past year and a half or so has pretty much sucked for me, and I think I am on my way out of this awful spell from all this time. I think now that I have the job, and the boys are used to each other, and used to being home together without me, and used to keeping their eyes out for David, I think now that David is used to being watched by his brothers....... well, I think we'll be alright now. We can all get back on our feet, back to where we were........ back to a nice income, a nice home, a nice car............ Yep, I think we'll be okay. Thank you, Jesus.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am over the top excited you have a new job! Yes, you truly are blessed. How wonderful.

hooksandyarns said...

Yay! Congrats on your new job! :)

Designing Lady Jane said...

Wonderful to hear. I know you have really been struggling to keep your head and spirits up, I'm glad it's finally coming together.

- said...

Congrats on the job. That is a great relief for you. Great work on the wash cloths too, love all the patterns.