Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cathedral Rose Window Afghan



Well, I've blogged about thinking about doing this before, and I have decided that once I finish my Granny Stripes, this is what I am going to make. To that end, I have bought the pattern, and read through it. I think I can handle it. I'm sure it'll take a while, being I hop around on projects, don't concentrate on one thing, but I think I'll get it done. I have ordered the mixed yarn, Red Hearts 'Fall'. I read on a message board that it takes much more than it says it takes in the directions, so I ordered nine skeins. Hopefully that will be enough, it should take two or three weeks to come in, I'm told. If not, I think if I add a skein here and there, with the way this is constructed, if the dye lot is off, it shouldn't be a problem. I like reds and golds more than purples, so I'm going to do this in those colors. Where the black is, I figure I'll do a coffee-colored yarn, where the purple is, a deep claret, and where the teal is, a buff color. I think it'll be cool-looking in those colors. I'm thinking the yarn will probably arrive right about the time I finish my Granny Stripes.


Oh, and I have to laugh at myself. I was wondering, what the heck is a window afghan? Ah ha! It's not a *window afghan* it's a Cathedral Rose Window *afghan*....... based on the pattern of the Cathedral Rose Window in Notre Dame. Silly me..........


Y'all have a great day.

2 comments:

Designing Lady Jane said...

That is a pretty afghan, tho you know I would have kept the purples. We have a Tiffany-style lamp in similar colors, I do love the stained glass look.

- said...

Gorgeous pattern and will be a challenge but well worth it. Sometimes these patterns are like sight reading and hone your skills even more. I can't wait to see how it progresses.