Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lookie what I got.


This is the most gorgeous book. It is full of beautiful crocheted blocks, in different color schemes, and then it also has pictures of afghans made with the blocks, or combinations of blocks, or different color combinations. It is written by Jan Eaton. One or two of her other books are on my 'gotta have' list. She writes great books, I think. In the back are several edging patterns, although they are mostly edges that you crochet and then stitch onto the afghan, which I'm not crazy about, but I'll probably use those as well. It's a gorgeous book, with lots of inspiration.
I tell you, I stand at that book aisle at Barnes and Noble, and it is so hard to decide which one I want today. Right now, there are several that I want, and you know, you can't get them all at once. Besides the obvious cost factor, really, you want to enjoy each book as you get it. I know I'll refer back to them later many times, but for the first while, I just like to look at them over and over. I'll make one or two things, then put them on a shelf, then come back to them later when I want ispiration. But I want a time at first, to just look and enjoy.
Ack, you can't really 'click to enjoy' that image. I swiped it off of Amazon to show, because I can never take good pictures.
Anyway, y'all have a great evening...... I'm off to work after a few more minutes of looking at this book.

5 comments:

Susan said...

That Book looks FUN!!! Grab a ball of yarn and a hook. G or H should be fine!!! And have at it!!!
~Susan

- said...

Sounds like you are about to get very busy. Don't you just love cracking open a new book?

crazymotheringchick said...

I always love a new book! Any kind of book.

Designing Lady Jane said...

Looks like you'll be busy for a while with that. I'm sure it will be lots of fun for you.

p.s., is there any chance you could turn off the security word I need to type to post my comment? Thing trips me up a lot.

crazymotheringchick said...

LOL Jane, I feel your pain. Let me see if I can figure it out.