Monday, September 20, 2010

Chrysanthemum Dishrag


So I made this pretty little dishrag. I like it a lot. It's cute. The colors don't come out right in this picture. It's lemon yellow, with delft blue trim. I think I'll make more, in different colors. I may even use them for dishes, though I don't know. I put this one in my bathroom, to use for my face or something. Ha ha. The pattern is here. I made a few changes, didn't make forty stitches on the third row, and increased a little differently. I think the fact that it curled was more the way I crochet than a problem with the pattern. I think I do things in my own little way. Ha.


I've been enjoying making some litttle washcloths and towels from Peaches and Cream yarn. I like the yarn, it's all cotton. It's super-absorbent, and nice to wash with, or dry with, though it takes forever to air-dry. I haven't put it in the dryer yet, and I was talking with a lady in Hobby Lobby who mentioned that this yarn shrinks the first time you dry it. I will keep that in mind, and maybe make things a little larger than I want them to be long-term.


I also made a washcloth from I Love This Cotton, but it doesn't quite work right, like the Peaches and Cream yarn does. I do love the way the ILTC feels in my hand, though, and have a nice pillow I want to make from it. Ah, the list of things I am going to do, it's ever so long.........

On such a cheerful note, I have sold my first bag from my Etsy shop, to a lady in Australia! Such a small world we live in now, with the internet and all........ So exciting, makes me want to make another bag or two. I'm encouraged now, maybe a couple more will sell. I do mean to list a few more things there, keep it current so that maybe some things will sell for Christmas. I'll think of other things to list, too. I've been thinking maybe some tree skirts, I've seen so many patterns I like.....

Y'all have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

- said...

I love the dishcloth and congrats on your Etsy shop sale.

Designing Lady Jane said...

That is a very cute dishrag. I would lean more towards using it for a potholder, but I guess that's splitting hairs, considering most of my dishtowels double as potholders while my actual potholders hang around forgotten. I wouldn't have known there was yellow, but my camera does weird things with colors too.